Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

LA Here I Come

I am on my way to Los Angeles to promote Towers of Gold. I am excited, as Isaias Hellman spent the first 30 years of his life in the United States in this small town. He came when it was more Mexican pueblo than American City and left when it was a bustling, about to be, metropolis.

I will be talking at the Huntington Library in San Marino on Friday Nov. 21 at 7:30 pm and Rancho Los Alamitos in Long Beach on Saturday around 10 am.

The blog LA Observed ran a nice post today about the publication of my book.

Susan Kitchens, another LA Blogger, gave Towers of Gold an amazing review.

I am guest-blogging at Jewcy this week.

Apparently Towers of Gold is now being shelved in the bestseller section of Books Inc, a 12-store independent book store chain in the Bay Area.

And my Amazon ranking reached here today:

#5,445 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)

#1 in

Books > History > United States > State & Local > West

#1 in

Books > History > United States > State & Local > Pacific Northwest

#2 in

Books > History > United States > State & Local > California





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that you are checking Amazon every hour or anything! Your posts on Jewcy are excellent by the way.

3rwk172 said...

I read your blog two days to late. I would've loved to hear you at the Huntington Library. But, I think I'm going to buy your book. It sounds really interesting.