Pages

Friday, June 03, 2005

Why Aren't I in New York?

I have never met Ed Champion of the Return of the Reluctant, but I have laughed out loud plenty of times at his offbeat posts. I can’t vouch for this, but I think this picture shows Ed dressed in a funny yellow outfit at BookExpo America. Or is it Ed joking around again? Either way, he talks about what’s going on at the place to be this weekend.

Bud Parr, of Chekhov’s Mistress has picture of the elusive Mad Max Perkins, (named after the famed editor) who disguised himself as a wizard at the books blogging panel. Mad Max works inside the publishing business, so he is reluctant to reveal his true identity. Bud provides other details of the day.

Publishers Weekly also has a fun blog on BEA. I guess the fact they are offering free content reflects the new editorship of Sara Nelson.

No comments: