Pages

Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Business of the Future of Books

Since I’m a fairly new lit blogger (3.5 months and counting) I am still obsessed with the whole blogging world out there. I think I have a handle on the books blogs, but then I read an interview like the one done by Dan Wickett of the Emerging Writers Network and find out how much I don't know. Lo and behold, I discover the blog Writer’s Attic by Michelle Richmond, who has published two books, just got her third novel accepted, and writes about the Bay Area book scene. Dan’s interview with this group of bloggers is illuminating.

BookExpo America will launch today and there arequite a number of sites covering the massive book convention. Michael Cader from Publisher’s Marketplace has started a blog on the event, and the main entry comes from Robert Gray, the Vermont bookseller who writes Fresh Eyes. Mark Sarvas of The Elegant Variation is also there, and he is handy with the camera. Kevin Smokler, a Bay Area writer whose first anthology, Bookmark Now: Writing in Unreaderly Times, was released June 1, will also be on hand to cover the publishing industry’s get-together.

No comments: