Pages

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Towers of Gold Stage at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 9


Towers of Gold Stage at HSB




Banner across top of stage

 
"Gold" coins with an image of Isaias Hellman


I already said my thanks to my cousin, Warren Hellman, for throwing Hardly Strictly Bluegrass #9 and for naming its 6th stage the Towers of Gold Stage after my book, Towers of Gold: How One Jewish Immigrant Named Isaias Hellman Created California.

My highest moment of joy came Sunday afternoon when Marianne Faithfull, one of my all-time favorite artists, sang at the Towers of Gold Stage. As I twittered at the time: "Pure bliss."


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I'd found you there and shared the moment -- I loved her set too. I was so impressed when I rounded the hill and realized the stage was named after your book -- so cool! I "tweeted" and facebooked about it myself! Congratulations on having such a cool, supportive family. I never had a chance to really meet Warren when I worked at San Francisco, but adored Steven and thought Warren seemed interesting when he popped in and out. Now of course I realize he's quite the amazing dude.

Nani said...

Congratulations Frances-

What a thrill, and a well deserved one too–

Romney

Michelle Richmond said...

Hi Frances. I was there when Emmylou unexpectedly came on stage, followed by Robert Plant. I was like, "Towers of Gold! That's Frances's book!" Way to go! I trust you took pictures!